FLAGS

The “Flags” collection preserves all the regular and non-regular combat flags of the Bulgarian army, a great number of trophies and flags of social and cultural-educational оrganizations. The oldest flags, the museum owns, date from the middle of XIX c. - the flag of the Bulgarian Volunteer Troops in the Crimean war; of the troops of Stefan Karadzha and Hadzhi Dimitar; of the voivode Zhelio; of the voivode Philip Totyu; of Stilyana Paraskevova on which the colors of the National tricolor remain in their today’s order; the flag of Gorno Orjahovo’s rebels, the Samara’s flag, decorated with the 1st class Order of Bravery; all the flags preserved until today – infantry and heraldic flags, bestowed to the Bulgarian troops in 1881, 1886, 1888, 1891, 1925, 1928, 1937 and after the proclamation of Bulgaria as a Republic in 1946.

The collection started its completion since 1937.

CONTACTS

Bulgaria, Sofia 1505
92 Cherkovna Str.
busses: 9, 72, 120, 305, 413
trams: 20, 23
phone: + 359 2/946 1805
fax: + 359 2/946 1806
e-mail: nvim@militarymuseum.bg
e-mail: nvim.pr@gmail.com